March 19, 2024

Multi Muffins, or Lemon Power Muffins Recipe: high fiber, high protein!!

Using a crazy-creative, innovative muffin recipe I found on the internet (here) as a starting point, I made up a really fun, healthy muffin recipe full of fiber and protein!! Yeah!!! I call them Multi Muffins, or Lemon Power Muffins. (Note: Karen's other muffin recipes look equally crazy-creative and innovative, so I'll be back to try more!)

They're very lemony, not too sweet unless you add the lemon glaze (included in recipe), and they're the BEST for a mid-morning or after-school snack. My recipe makes two dozen muffins, because what is the point of making only one dozen muffins for a family of four?? Can anyone relate? They will be all gone in mere hours. SO, these should last a bit longer than that.

Let's get to it. I wrote it out, so it's a picture! Easy!

Recipe card for Multi Muffins, or Lemon Power Muffins, high fiber, high protein!
Obviously open this big and print it off if you wish; that's what I would do!

There you have it. Honestly I have to tell my family to BACK OFF and reserve them for when we are actually hungry for a snack, so we don't just eat them all right away.

I want to try a version without lemon -- a banana-based one, like banana bread. That's next! And then use it as a simple base for blueberry muffins, etc. etc.

The multigrain chapatti flour I found is awesome because it's FULL of fiber and protein from all the various grains. But if I didn't have it and I wanted to up the protein, I'd do whole wheat flour plus chickpea flour (besan) and maybe throw in a few teaspoons (??) vital wheat gluten to be sure it rises. That has helped some of my weirder grain recipes before!

Ooh, or you could add dry milk powder for protein!! Or see what happens when adding oats or barley flour. Hmm hmm hmm, I have more experimenting to do. Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment