March 19, 2024

Homemade Seven Stars Granola copycat recipe!

Seven Stars Bakery granola, in a bowl of yogurt with bag off to the side

I was given this bag of yummy Seven Stars Bakery granola (happens to be vegan, though I don't really care), and I knew I could make it myself! I have a go-to granola recipe that a friend gave me from New York Times a few years ago, and it's easy to adapt.

Without further ado, here is my recipe!

Homemade Seven Stars Bakery Copycat Granola Recipe
(by me) (happens to be vegan if you're into that sort of thing) :)

PART ONE
2.75 cups oats
1 cup sliced almonds or walnuts or pecans
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
1/3 cup sunflower seeds
2 Tbsp sesame seeds
2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp baking soda

-Mix above in a large bowl.

PART TWO
1/3 cup canola oil (trust me, olive oil tastes nasty here, don't do it)
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cardamom
1/4 tsp cinnamon

PART THREE (comes at the very end, but I want you to be prepared!!)
1/4 cup raisins
3/4 cup dried cherries

-In a small saucepan, warm the Part Two ingredients until sugar has just dissolved.

-Fold Part Two into the bowl of Part One, coating dry ingredients well.

-Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, and spread the granola over it.

-Bake at 300 until dry and lightly golden, 35-40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.

-Remove from oven and stir in Part Three, the dried cherries and raisins! Let cool on the tray and store in an airtight container.

My homemade vegan Seven Stars Bakery granola in a glass jar with blue lid, from my copycat recipe!

The reason the raisins and cherries are added after baking, is that they'll burn into yucky hard globs if you bake them with the rest. So yeah, add them at the end. The cherries are the best part. :)

This granola is good for munching out of the jar, or in yogurt, or over chocolate ice cream! And probably many other applications that you can try yourself. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment