January 11, 2024

January Beginnings!

 This is the last "life news" post in this series as I get back on track for blogging in the new year! (Be sure to read Part One and Part Two and see my hand drawn Pokemon art cards!)


Here is my sleepy, smooshy cat.

More stories this way!
New Year's Eve was a bit of a letdown, as both the party I was going to go to was cancelled due to illness, AND, I was a bit ill, myself! So I pretty much hung out in the super cozy recliner (it was A's grandma's, delivered by his folks this fall) while my family brought me food. Looking back, this sounds rather nice and relaxing! And it was, except for the "feeling crappy" part. And the "not seeing my friends" part.



We finally got some snow! It had not snowed for the whole fall-into-winter 2023, and then we got a bit. It's gone by now. I wouldn't mind some more, so it can be pretty along with all the cold! The kids got in a round of sledding at least. We've also been trying out a bunch of board games that Kelly lent us!


Our neighbor brought us some chocolates and granola as a thank you for bringing in the packages while he and his family were away. They look really pretty, and some of them were tasty, but some were pretty "meh". There was no guide to flavors and I believe every single one was different, so we had fun trying them all, at least! A few were boozy. :)


So that granola gift . . . Wow, this granola is good! I took a photo of the ingredients so I can recreate it myself. I'll let you know how that goes!


C. went to a friend's birthday party, which finished off with fireworks on the water! They were lovely "real" sky fireworks from NH and it was so delightful to watch the show as the dad lit them off (safely at a distance) and 20ish screaming kids ran around in ecstasy! He had a good amount of them so it lasted awhile! Pretty great for a January party on a cold day. That snow I mentioned came in later that night!


And here he is again, the king of lounging, Muesli.

That's pretty much all for now! I intend to change my website around a bit, so it may be under construction here and there. Don't be alarmed if it's temporarily inaccessible as I make changes! It will evolve and be better than ever. :)

I'm also continually working on the next book a little bit (mostly) every day as I can. January is birthday time, so I've got a few sewing projects next, and then a fun inspirational print!! So just keep following along here on the creative path to see what's next! And don't forget to tell others about my site so they can sign up for the newsletter! Yeah!! Thanks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment