January 11, 2024

Happy New Year -- But First, Here's December!

Hi, everybody! Well, it happened again -- I have a bit of a backlog here on the blog! But that's okay! Today I'm writing a few posts with some recaps of December, and January so far. :)

We had a good end to 2023, with Christmas and New Year's and other assorted fun! Let's go!

I'm not really into doing my own elaborate Christmas displays, but I LOVE other people's!! These adorable critters were on display at my neighbors' party -- along with thousands of other treasures! 

As always, much more after the jump!
Here are some awesome 12 days of Christmas glasses from that same party! I love the line work and as always I love that it's a set/series/collection. Also? I love their kitchen and it will appear in art someday. :D

Here is beautiful Warren, RI!

I know, I shared those glasses above and this is another drinking vessel. Ha! I just love this mug that Brenda served me tea in. The black rim, the pattern (would love that on fabric), the decorated handle! I couldn't stop looking at it.

We finally got a new stove! This one came with the house and we've always disliked it . . . just not enough to get a new one. Well guess what? We just did! Instead of showing the new fancy one, I thought I'd document this poor old thing, which is now . . . who knows where, but not in my house. :D The one thing it had going for it was a LOUD and PERSISTENT timer beep. We had to buy a new little LOUD kitchen timer just because the new stove's beep cannot even be heard over sizzling chicken. I mean, what the heck? Don't people test these things? Industrial designers? Hello?? Anyway, RIP old stove!

Here's our tree, if that was not self-explanatory, ha ha ha!


So I'm studying Hindi, as I think I mentioned before. Somehow I came across how they write Pokemon in the Hindi script! I'm proud of myself because I can read it!! Eleanor was impressed that the little moons of the o's are pretty much in the same place. But instead of "o", here they are part of "k" and "n", in case you cared. Anyone following along at home with their basic beginner Hindi studies? Let me know! I'm literally all alone. But that's okay. I manage. Ranbir Kapoor keeps me company. ;P

Next post is PART TWO!

No comments:

Post a Comment