January 11, 2024

December, Part Two!

(Did you read Part One? Go back to the previous post!)
More life updates! It's been a busy couple months!


I made these cookies (World Peace Cookies) for a cookie exchange. They're really good -- a chocolate shortbread with chocolate chunks! Pro tip: sprinkle kosher salt on top of each one when they come out of the oven. YUM!


We had a FEAST at the December book club. Seafood cioppino* with optional lobster and shrimp (that would be a giant YES to that option!!), stuffies, yummy salad, bread with roasted garlic, then desserts . . . I had seconds of every single item.

On Christmas Eve . . .



. . . we went up to see my mom and some relatives!


And my mom's cat! (Shown here very much being a cat.)


On Christmas morning, Moxie opened her present (a chew treat)! Maple got chew treats, too!


C. got a TINY Pusheen cross-stitch kit in her stocking, and it was pretty much a disaster. It was so small, NOTHING COULD BE DONE, AND they expected you to count the stitches (??!!), and . . . ugh, just thinking about it upsets my sense of order in this world. So I tried to help her by enlarging the image and making the grid more clear, then gluing this new paper onto new fabric. She gamely started a bit of it, but I'm not sure if she'll ever complete it. Cross-stitch is pretty annoying, apparently. Note how I do 98% of my sewing on a machine! Ha ha!


This little kit was a billion times better! It's a little bakery made mostly out of very sturdy paperboard, complete with itty bitty breads and a bunny! (Note the cat bell that C. added by the door, so it rings when customers come in.) I patiently helped C. put it together and then she happily played and played. It's about the right size for Calico Critters, so some of them joined the fun (and her Harry Potter minis). I can't get over how cute it is!! I may get another of these kits if they have other versions.

* Just have to say, I was won over to seafood cioppino. I favor creamy chowders pretty strongly, but this was DELICIOUS! Thanks, Karen!

No comments:

Post a Comment