January 18, 2024

Birthday Month in full swing!!

Since January is birthday month, this week I've been prepping and enjoying all kinds of goodies!

Look at these nice bouquets at the grocery store! I was too frazzled by my list at the time to actually make another decision, but I may go back and buy one. :)

Who doesn't like birthday sushi?? E's special request!

My latest creation after the jump!>>

I'm taking my chances posting this process pic of a new doll for C. (it's a surprise, after all!), but I can't wait to share! I did finish her, and I'll have more info and pics next week. :)

We got some more snow! This time it's sticking around. Crunch crunch crunch!

I happened upon this joke book by Syd Hoff, the guy who wrote/drew Danny and the Dinosaur. Lots of the "jokes" in this book are just plain goofy, like this one!

Here again is the king of naps!

In the next few weeks I'll get back to the book and hopefully mess around with my website a bit. I've been enjoying sewing, though! I wish there was a way to reliably and regularly throw sewing projects into the mix, without getting completely off track with everything else I want to do. So far, the best tactic has been to take things project by project, whatever they happen to be.

Speaking of projects, I was idly considering starting a Patreon (not really having any idea what interesting things I could entice people with), but I think it would be too much side-track "stuff" to also stay on top of and fit into the flowing stream of time -- on a regular basis, too! Also I saw that they just raised their fees, LOL! Nobody wants that. (I didn't even think they had fees, that's how clueless I am, shrug!)

Then A. told me that apparently the guy who started Patreon was this interesting musician who played music with his wife. He started Patreon basically for them, as a way to finance all this cool music they were doing. But then Patreon got really big, and the guy started devoting all his time to it, and growing it, and now he only plays music with his wife like one day a month. :( I guess the wife still makes music all the time, but they're not the little musical duo they once were. Basically he abandoned her for his stupid online project.

This story made me so sad, I pretty much don't want to support Patreon now because of it! Also their user base is so massive, do they really need to raise their fees? I mean come on. What happened to this man? When did greed overshadow everything important in his life? I know, I'm going on and on but it really bothered me. The sad story of Patreon.

Since as of this moment I probably won't be doing a membership program thingie, if you do want to support my work but don't actually want anything I make (this is valid), there's always the "Buy Me a Coffee" Donate button up at the top of this blog. Maybe I'll figure out my own membership program thingie down the road. But I won't let it take over my life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment