April 19, 2023

Book Character Costume

Claire had a special costume day at school, dress up as your favorite book character! I was unaware of this, so we didn't plan anything ahead. The morning of, C announced that she needed a costume. She pulled this one together!


She decided to be Orson Abbot, from one of my favorite books, The Paintbrush Bunny by Adrienne Adams!

No, she's not the Easter Bunny, though lots of kids in her class thought that. The Paintbrush Bunny (also titled The Easter Egg Artists) is a story of a family of rabbits who paint Easter eggs, and Orson, the son, goes on to paint all kinds of other objects and become an artist. This was a book from my childhood and we've all read my old copy a lot!

Awhile back, I went on a quest to find more books by some of my favorite childhood book illustrators, including Adrienne Adams. We've had fun taking her books from the library, and I've bought a few, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment