May 18, 2023

Lots of nature, including a Girl Scout campout!

So, I've been busy with a bunch of things lately. One of those was a secret project I just finished, and in a couple weeks I'll be able to tell you about that!

A fun iris in my yard

Otherwise, I've been GARDENING because it's that time of year, AND the weather has been lovely!

I'm realizing I should take more photos of my yard to show you here. Ha ha! Next time . . . But, I've been busy planting annuals and tomatoes, putting up my netting on the strawberries, clearing out some weeds here and there, and making space for my new rain barrel!

I love this type of tree

One fun outdoor activity I did was to go along with C. on her Girl Scout overnight! It was cabin camping in a huge space with bunk beds, a basic kitchen, etc. It was nice getting to know the other moms better, chatting by the fire, while the girls did their independent thing.

This was the art cabin. We didn't use it, but I love the door!

This was sprouting up in the grass. Anybody know what type of flower this is?

This wholesome, 70's photo was hanging up in the main hall. I love it! It's even from Colortek, a name I recognize from my youth. I feel like that woman at the potter's wheel could totally be me.

Here is our food, cooking away on a fire I helped the girls make! Apparently I have far and away the most fire-building skills of the group. Ha!

Also I really enjoyed our fire-cooked tacos!! I'm a simple person and mixing crunchy taco shells in a bowl with hamburger and tons of toppings is just right for me! They also had a trail mix buffet where the girls mixed up whatever bits they wanted. So satisfying! I don't normally mix goldfish crackers into trail mix, but guess what? I will now! :)

We had a really fun time! The experience reminded me that there will be a lot of relaxing at the fire pit in my future this summer. ^_^

I will see you next time with more of my journeys on the creative path!

No comments:

Post a Comment